A round allows you to filter candidates in batches, allowing only the ones you have selected to go to the next round. Find out more about rounds here.
Each round requires you to manually select and confirm the candidates going unto the next round. Each round has the following fields:
- Round name - a custom name for your rounds (e.g. Shortlist)
- Judging closes - this is the date by which you want judges to have finished scoring entries, this will be disabled until you have invited judges to this round. (If you have no judges please disregard this date)
- Results - when you will have made your selection for this round. These results can be published or kept private.
- Email results - should Zealous automatically send out emails to candidates to let them know of their results once this round is confirmed.
- Publish results - do you wish your results to be made available publicly - this show the results for the rounds on your opportunity page, and show candidates if they have been selected or not on their "My Submissions" page.
If you wish to have a public vote at least ONE of your rounds must be made public.
Rounds begin as soon as submissions close, or when the previous round ends.
Zealous will ask you to confirm your selection for a round as soon as:
- Judging ends for that round - (If you have Judges)
- Submissions close or the previous round ends - (If you don't have Judges)
Zealous will always wait for you to manually confirm the selection before going unto the next round.
- If you confirm the selection before the announcement date, Zealous will wait for the announcement date to let candidates and judges know the next round has started.
- If you confirm the selection after the announcement date, Zealous will inform candidates and judges the next round has begun, immediately.
You will not be able to add a round if:
- You are on a basic package and have reached the maximum amount of rounds for this opportunity. Please upgrade your package to do so.
- There isn't enough time between the previous round and the next round to add another one. Either edit the previous round to end earlier, or the final round to start later.
To add rounds:
- Log in
- Go to your opportunity dashboard
- Click on Schedule & Rounds on the bottom left menu
- Click on Add Round. (New rounds will always be added before the final round).
- Here enter a custom name for your round (e.g. Longlist, Shortlist...). Select the judging and results date for the round (if you have no judges, ignore the judging date). Also, select whether you would like to set emails to go out to candidates to announce the results for that round and whether you would like to make the results public.
Please note you will not be able to select dates and times that overlap with other rounds - if you are unable to select a date you want, be sure to edit the overlapping round first.
You can have actions happen on the same date as other rounds, as long as the time keeps the rounds sequential. If you are unable to select the same date, make sure to update the time first, then select the date.
- Click Save on the new round row